These sites are your shop window on the web. The number of inquiries you get from them will depend on their ‘visibility’ as a vacation rental listings site and on your visibility on their sites.
How many listings sites do you need?Many independent vacation rental owners wisely choose to list their properties with more than one major vacation rental listings site. In fact it is not unusual for a property to be on with 3 of the larger paid vacation rental sites plus a few free sites. Think of this as advertising costs and it won’t seem so bad! Internet advertising is way cheaper and more effective than print when it comes to vacation rentals. And don’t forget the regional vacation rentals listings specialists when you choose a vacation rental listings site – these can be effective in helping to fill your reservations calendar. So, how do we choose which sites to sign up with? This depends on the type of property you have, the demographic it appeals to and its location. A vacation rental listings site that works well for a particular property may be a disaster for another.
Before you begin choosing a vacation rental listings siteHere are some of the questions you should consider when picking the right vacation rental listings site for your property:
- What will it cost me?
- Can I communicate directly with my guests?
- How much control will I keep?
- What support can they offer me?
- How easy is it for me to set up?
- How easy is it for me to upload and manage my content?
- How easily can I update my availability calendar and other details such as rental rates?
- How transparent is ranking and placement on their site?
Leave a comment